Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chargers Draft Prospect:Shonn Greene

While I have said that Rashad Jennings is my favorite RB in this years draft, Shonn Greene from Iowa is another back that I am high on and think could provide something valuable to our team. I have talked about Shonn Greene in my first round draft preview ( http://chargersbuzz.blogspot.com/2009/01/chargers-draft-preview-first-round.html), and I don't think we would get a RB in the first round, but I also don't feel as though Shonn Greene will go in the first round. Greene doesn't quite have the elite speed that teams value as well as the fact that he only had one productive year at Iowa. I predict that he could possibly go in the second, but more likely he will go somewhere from the 3rd round to as late as the early 5th round. Greene is a large back at a solid 230 lb, but what I like is how he runs. Greene does use his size, and has a powerful motor, but he also is quick and can shift directions relatively quickly in the open field. I don't really want to use this comparison but he runs a lot like Michael Turner. Greene could be an asset whether or not LT stays or leaves this season. With Sproles most likely gone to free agency, Greene could act as a strong backup as well as a change of pace to keep LT fresh. If Greene makes it into the 4th round, I believe that he will be irresistible. I just hope AJ feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment